Quick Tips for Living Off-Campus
- In Chapel Hill, only 4 unrelated persons can live in a single family dwelling. You should never be sleeping in a space not designed as a bedroom. A single-family house bedroom should always have 2 points of egress (a door and window that opens).
- Only park in designated spaces. In the Northside and Pine Knolls neighborhoods, you can only have 4 cars on your property. You can never park in your lawn (you must park in a designated parking lot). Many neighborhoods require permits for on-street parking.
- Roll your trash and recycling bins to the curb by 6am on pick up day and remove by 7pm that same day. To find your recycling day, click here. If you live in Chapel Hill, your trash day is Monday or Tuesday. Click here for more information. If you live in Carrboro, trash is either Wed, Thurs or Fri. Click here for more info.
- Think safety! Lock your doors and windows, lock up your car, and don't leave items of value in plain sight. Always report suspicious activity to 911.
- If you live in Chapel Hill, register your party and avoid a visit from the police here.